Travel Times: Washington D.C.

Guys, D.C. was amazing! I just wanted to write a quick post ot go over the highlights, but I had such a fun time and it was great having the three ladies of the 323 back together.

When I first arrived, my first impression was that I could never live here. I’ve come to really enjoy the small town vibes of Tallahassee and the open spaces, so driving straight from the airport to the heart of Georgetown maybe wasn’t the best introduction to the IMG_1733city. Jody and I opted to stay at an Airbnb because there are virtually no hotels in Georgetown, and we wanted to be close to Julia. We woke up early on Sunday and explored around town a bit, checked out some stores on M Street and got to see the water, and then met Julia at Laduree for cappuccinos and macaroons. As Jody put it the inside of the tiny shop looked like Easter, which was perfect. After that there was more shopping and picture taking and then we went to The Fairmont Hotel for “Modern Afternoon Tea.” IMG_1739Cole, Julia’s boyfriend, met us there and we enjoyed champagne and this firs green tea where the leaves are harvested exactly at midnight. After that there was more shopping (and eating).

Monday we got another early start and did all the touristy stuff our hearts desired. We visited The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, The National Museum of American History, The National Portrait Gallery, and The National Archives.  I’m going toIMG_1759 be honest, the National Archives were kind of a let down. The ink was so faded it essentially looked like a blank piece of paper. It was still a cool experience, and we still played the National Treasure soundtrack. We walked over 8 miles that day!! The cool thing about this area is that we saw such a tiny part of everything D.C. has to offer. I would love to go back and see more. We had a quick nap at Julia’s and then headed out for cocktails at this wonderful place called The Sovereign.  I can’t speak to the food, but the beer selection was absolutely amazing (seriously 50 beers on tap!) and the atmosphere was so cool. Tuesday we woke up early (not really because I feel like we didn’t get to sleep at all that night) and headed back to the airport. Now it’s Thursday and I’m rushing to do laundry so I have something to wear for my second trip of the week: Tampa.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s